DEPUTY DIRECTOR: LEARNER TRANSPORT SCHEMES (LTS)
Post No: PS 39
Post title: Deputy Director: Learner Transport Schemes (LTS)
Directorate: Institutional Resource Support, Head Office, Cape Town
Remuneration: All-inclusive remuneration package of R 569 538 per annum.
- A recognised and relevant 3 year tertiary qualification (REQV 13). 3 to 5 years’ management experience, preferably in an education environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Very good computer skills – Excel, MS Word.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop operational, business and process plans relating to LTS.
- Manage and coordinate the facilitation of the procurement of learner transport for qualifying learners.
- Manage the processing of LTS applications and facilitate the approval thereof.
- Manage the effective implementation of the automation of LTS.
- Manage the timeous re-advertisement of LTS routes.
- Contribute to the alignment of the LTS plan with the Infra-structure plan.
- Manage the development and review of relevant LTS policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective coordination of District testing of learner transport vehicles.
- Manage the Independent Vehicle Inspection Team.
- Manage and administer the LTS sub-directorate.
- Prepare reports for the provincial and national management.
- Draft responses in respect of ministerial, media and audit queries.
- Liaise, communicate and corroborate effectively and timeously with a wide range of role players in and outside of government departments.
Human Resource Development:
- Participation in the recruitment of staff to ensure the achievement of the sub-directorate’s business plan.
- Motivate, train, mentor and guide staff within the sub-directorate to achieve and maintain excellence in service delivery.
- Actively manage the performance, evaluation and the rewarding of staff within the sub-directorate.
- Monitor information capacity building within the sub-directorate.
- Active involvement in the compilation of a human resource plan, a service delivery improvement programme and an information resources plan.
- Promote sound labour relations within the sub-directorate.
- Actively manage and promote the maintenance of discipline within the sub-directorate.
- Active participation in the budgeting process at sub-directorate and directorate level.
- Preparing of the annual and adjustment budgets for the subdirectorate.
- Direct responsibility for the efficient economic and effective control and management of the sub-directorate’s budget and expenditure.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that the correct tender and procurement procedures are adhered to in respect of purchases for the sub-directorate.
- Reporting to the responsibility manager in all aspects of the subdirectorate’s finances.
- Overall responsibility for the management, maintenance and safekeeping of the sub-directorate’s assets.
- Ensuring that full and proper records of the financial affairs of the subdirectorate are kept in accordance with any prescribed norms and standards.
Enquiries: Mr Paul Swart
Tel: (021) 467 2025
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Friday April 8th, 2016 4:00pm.