Nedbank Financial Planner – Stellenbosch
Applications accepted until: 31st of Dec, 2015
Advert Code: FINANC32
Nedbank Sub Division Cluster: Wealth Management
FAIS Affected: Yes
Offering Appropriate financial Planning for the well-being of the bank’s clients, whilst maintaining the interests of the bank. To add value to a customer base via the provision of appropriate financial advice and selling appropriate financial products to customers, thereby meeting the clients unique financial needs.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining accurate client files.
- All advice (actions, discussions, solutions and amendments) must be in the files.
- Alternate product offerings are also recorded. Consultations with clients are documented and recorded in their files. These files are audited by the Area managers and once a year by Group Risk, therefore accuracy of client information is pivotal. Minuting the details of the Telephone calls made to clients.
- In order to provide quality advice to a client, a financial planner must be suitably qualified. Compliance documents are stored on an external NFP server. These documents Details actions with the client and the reasons / decisions in choosing a product. The client signs these documents which lists the full disclosure in terms of charges and commissions.
Sales and Leads:
- Targets are set by Area Managers and these targets must be achieved monthly based on past performance, and the area. Interaction with vital sources within the bank network by passing on leads, i.e bankers, e-shared services, and Leads Tracker.
- Product training is provided. Risk Products: (Life, disability and dread disease). Investment Products: (short-term investments, notice deposits, unit trusts, endowments and Tranches(guarantees a return after 5 years), off-shore products, LISPS, estate planning. Medical Health is limited to the Business banking planners.
- Maintaining and renewing existing and new relationships with clients
- Minimum of an appropriate NQF level skills programme at Level 5 30 FIAS credit plus RE
- NQF Level 5 with 120 FAIS credits plus RE.
- Financial Planning Institute
Job Related Experience:
- 6 months – Long-term insurance cat A
- 1 year – Long-term insurance cat B
- 1 year – Long-term insurance cat C
- 1 year – Retail Pension Benefits
- 1 year – Pension Fund Benefits (excl. retail pension benefits)
- 1 year – Participatory Interests in collective investment schemes
- 2-4 years in a similar role
- Underwriting Criteria
- Risk awareness
- Banking systems understanding
- Microsoft Office Products
- Industry astuteness
- Rule Orientation
- Personal Impact
- Client Centricity
- Verbal Communication
- Planning and organising
- Building Relationships
- Team work
- Information Monitoring
- Holistic Thinking
- Attention to Detail
Required Industry Acumen:
Financial Planning Industry – 3 years
Number Of People Reporting Directly Into Job:
Frequent local travel
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ONLINE