Financial Controller - Cape Town
- Recruiter:Kadence Blue HR Consultants
- Location:Cape Town, Western Cape
- Salary:R 40 000 per month
- Sector:Finance Jobs
- Job Type:Permanent
- Date added:12 July 2016
- AA/EE opportunity?:No
- Benefits:Not included
- Similar Jobs:Finance Jobs in Cape Town
Client in the education sector urgently requires suitably qualified Financial Controller.
To manage the financial accounting by ensuring that internal financial management policies and procedures of the University are adhered to. To develop and implement and maintain divisional financial controls. To ensure performance of reconciliation and accurate completion of the balance sheet.
To manage the preparation of financial statements while giving advice on accounting systems, budgets, management information, cash flows and improvements of systems dealing with financial management.
- B-Tech or 4 yr degree in related field
- 4 yrs proven experience in accounting field
- Bilingual : English & Afrikaans
- Some experience in managing a team
- Experience in an Infrastructure or maintenance environment would be advantageous
Key Performance Areas:
External and government reporting
- Management of Infrastructure grants by DHET
- Take responsibility for the submission of reports to DHET
- Ensure the optimal use of the funds
- Assist the ED in motivations for the university’s own funding for DHET funded projects.
- Maintain the General Ledger system on ITS, including month-ends, balancing of subsystems and changing of cycles.
- Set up financial code structures and transaction types.
- Review account categories and the layout of the trial balance
- Set up different consolidation codes for better reporting
- Set up timeframes for validation runs and assign responsibility.
- Ensure validation of data regularly
- Monitor the filing methods/system of all finance division to ensure safe record keeping.
- Perform calendar year-end procedure of the ITS Financial systems.
Financial control/Financial operational activities:
- Manage all IDFM budgets and Funds including external funded projects
- Ensure optimal allocation and use of the divisional funds.
- Develop, implement and manage a divisional budgeting process.
- Manage and monitor budget allocations.
- Ensure that funds are ring-fenced as per allocations.
- Manage finance operational activities of the department
- Consult on problem solution.
- Ensure quality service to clients.
- Co-ordinate the financial transaction infrastructure for projects funded by other departments.
- Driver for divisional financial efficacy
- Initiates projects for the department
- Contribute to departmental projects.
- Provide projects reports.
Human Resource Management:
- Identify appropriate skills required.
- Ensure that staff job descriptions are updated when changes take place.
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection of staff for the department.
- Be responsible for performance Management for staff.
- Participate in identifying training needs and career development.
- Set weekly and monthly objectives.
- Ensure adherence to disciplinary codes.
- Ensure adherence to University policy.
- Liaise with departments on matters relating to financial management.
- Receive financial reports/statements.
- Consolidate financial statements for final reporting to various departments.
- Liaise with Financial Institutions on matters relating to rules, policy, funds statements,
- Initiate and maintain communication with departments regarding financial accounting management of the university.
- Communicate with departments with regard to new financial transaction systems of the university .
Financial Analysis and Management Information?
- Ensure that financial analysis reports are up-to-date for Executive Management to make decisions.
- Ensure that all transactions are captured and posted daily to be available on OPA system.
- Manage financial information and comparative figures and consolidation reports to Faculties/Departments.
- Manage the review lead schedule/reconciliation s at year-end for the audit to the TB
- Manage the year-end financial statements procedures and signing off.
Fax your CV to: 086 483 3607 or APPLY ONLINE